Re: Summary of 2004-02-29 Meeting

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 00:21, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> Synaptic is a great too for debian users who know what they are doing.  I
> think a different program all together is the answer, possibly using
> synaptic as a base, but supporting a package meta info interface (possibly
> debtags) as well.  Also the ability to see screen shots would be nice for
> the user as well, we all know when we check web pages for programs, we
> look for screen shots.  If there had been no SS for FDo's new X Server
> there would not be near as much excitement reguarding it.

I have been using synaptic-debtags for some time now and it works well.
Just my $0.02
I know synaptic's interface has to be improve a bit (make more
intuitive) but overall it is a rock solid package.

And about the meeting, I got in the channel at about 12:00 noon EST (way
before the meeting time) and I didn't realize my client (Gaim) kicked me
off the channel (#debian-desktop irc.freenode.net) until it was too
late. I thought I was still connected and was wondering why the meeting
didn't happen; but hey, next time.

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
A feature is nothing more than a bug with seniority. -- Unknown source

http://www.latinomixed.com/