Re: Summary of 2004-02-29 Meeting

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:04:09 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:

Em Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:25:32 -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@msstate.edu> escreveu:

The first official IRC meeting of the Debian-Desktop project was
adjourned at 23:15 UTC in #debian-desktop on irc.debian.org.

Sorry for not being actively participating, I had some problems to
solve that I didn't predict =(.

There will be more...

- A graphical front-end to apt-get

I'd suggest looking at helping synaptic be as usable as it can be.

Synaptic is a great too for debian users who know what they are doing. I think a different program all together is the answer, possibly using synaptic as a base, but supporting a package meta info interface (possibly debtags) as well. Also the ability to see screen shots would be nice for the user as well, we all know when we check web pages for programs, we look for screen shots. If there had been no SS for FDo's new X Server there would not be near as much excitement reguarding it.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com