Re: Bits from me

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:06:06 +0100, Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@debian.org> wrote:

Back in september of 2003, Colin explained that he did not have enough time to be the one at the top of Debian Desktop anymore. I formally took over the lead of the Debian Desktop Project. Since then I didn't even introduce myself to anyone on this list or to anyone else involved in the project. So, one of the intentions of this mail is to tell you all the things about me you never wanted to know. Another thing I want to do is to explain my ideas, my points of view about certain things and even about what I would like the future of
the Debian Desktop subproject to be like.

Glad to hear from you.  I didn't know who was in charge.

Some of you might have noticed "The Swirl", which was consistant part of
the topic of the #debian-desktop channel on irc.debian.org and may have
wondered what "The Swirl" is. Well, at this moment, I can tell you that
the Swirl is a project which aims at getting rid of the first problem
described above. Nearer details will follow as the preparations go on.

;) BTW, as the logo designer, I would like to encourage artists out there to try there had at making a better logo. It's just something I threw together. I kinda had a vision of a smooth debianish swirl. The name came from the red hat/fedora relation, their logo was a fedora, our's is a swirl...

I saw somebody decided to do a meeting on IRC on Thurs Feb 26 0:00 GMT.
Do you see any chances for switching to another point in time? I live in
GMT+1 and 1:00 would be way late, esp. since I have to go to school the
next day. As I would like to participate in this meeting, I think that
something like 22:00 GMT+1 would be great.

Hmmm... I can't make that time. Maybe a sunday would be better. It would not make sense to have a meeting without the project leader... How does Sun Feb 29 21:00 GMT sound?

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com