Re: State of Sarge

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:33:17 -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@msstate.edu> wrote:

I'm kind of unclear about how we're going to make this user-friendliness come about. Is Debian itself going to stay a single distribution, and the whole thing be made easier to use? Should there be multiple system "profiles" that control at a high level how things are sorted out and configured (desktop, server, etc.)? Will Debian Desktop fork?

I'm interested in helping any way I can...

This is the kind of stuff we are here to deal with. The project has been kinda dead, but it is supposed to be getting a boost soon. Stick around.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com