Re: Debian derivatives census: TurnKey Linux: welcome!

On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 09:39 +1000, Jeremy Davis wrote:

> All our source is on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/turnkeylinux

That doesn't appear to be entirely true, for example I don't see source
packages or a git repository for the busybox-initramfs package, which is
licensed under the GNU GPL according to the copyright file.

http://archive.turnkeylinux.org/debian/pool/wheezy/main/b/busybox-initramfs/

In addition to that, we are working on an automatic process for
converting the source packages of Debian derivatives into patches an
exposing them to Debian maintainers but that process requires source
packages, so even if you have a git repo it would be great if you could
also produce source packages for all your binary packages.

> Sorry my bad... Mostly our repo has unique packages. We do have a couple
> of customised packages (i.e. not ours) but they are built from source
> (and the source is on GitHub as per above).

Please update the "Debian derivative model" field.

> I'd be great but to be honest I'm not sure whether that will happen...
> Alon and Liraz are based in Israel and I'm in Australia... Although who
> knows!?

There will be a Debian MiniConf at LCA next year btw:

http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/debian-au/2014-April/000302.html

I'm not aware of any Debian events in Israel but there are some Debian
folks who offer keysignings:

https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers#IL

> I don't know if you recall, but on the mentors list I mentioned that
> there is at least one package that have made mods to. And duplicity is it!

Aha :)

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise