Re: Debian Derivative: Rescatux

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM, adrian15 wrote:

> both of them are shown as: "Inmutable page".

This is a long-standing usability issue (#678539/#731694) in MoinMoin.
I've now fixed it in the theme we use and sent upstream a patch for
that.

> The first problem is that I should convert it into a package

There is lots of documentation about packaging, this is the official one:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

> The second problem is that it has some many dependencies

Each of those would need to be packaged separately.

> The third problem is that is a tool ... from a live cd

Live images are just normal installations that live on media that are
read-only and possibly removable. I expect there will be zero issues
or if there are some, they will be easy to fix.

> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Rescatux

Welcome to the Debian derivatives census!

> I already submitted a draft about what was going there
> so I suppose that most everything will be correct.

There were a few issues, I've fixed them. I note that you aren't
subscribed to the page, which would enable you to be notified when
other people change the page.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise