Re: Ubuntu Bug Fixing Initiatives

Le Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 03:44:35PM +0200, Daniel Holbach a écrit :

> in Ubuntu we recently started some Bug Fixing initiatives, where we
> tried to single out a number of bugs which are suitable for new
> contributors who are interested in giving back, but don't quite yet know
> where to start.
>
> Two examples of this were the spelling-error-in-description or
> debhelper-but-no-misc-depends lintian tags which are very
> straight-forward and both don't require a huge amount of expertise.

Hello Daniel,

for the debhelper-but-no-misc-depends I am not sure how much useful it is to
send patches.  If the maintainers ignored the warning, they will not be
interested by the patch.  If the reason for not having misc-depends is that
there was no upload for a long time, then the patch will not be enough to
justify a new upload.

How about no-homepage-field instead ?  This lets the users exercise with the
procedures of sending patches, and has some added value, as some homepages are
tricky to find.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy