Re: finding packages that were built from an older source

Neil Williams wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2012 15:57:01 +0100
peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> wrote:

Anyway onto my question. Does there exist a tool that can take a "Sources" file and a "Packages" file and give me a list of binary

Insufficient input - the version in the Packages file won't necessarily
be related to the version in Sources - there exist packages in the
archive where the source version differs from the binary version and
not just with +b1 etc.
AIUI the information is there it is just difficult to extract with simple tools
because you have to hande three seperate cases.

1: Source field not present: In this case the source version is the same as the
binary version and source package name is the same as binary package name
2: Source field is present but does not contain brackets: In this case the
source package name comes from the source field and the source version
is the same as the binary version
3: Source field is present and contains brackets. In this case the source field
must be parsed to produced both the source package name and source
version.