Re: Session on "NEW package workflow" at UDS

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 09:02:36PM +0000, Iain Lane wrote:
> This happened earlier. As a quick summary of things that are relevant
> to these lists:

Thanks for this report!

>   - We will continue to inform maintainers of new packages that they
>     really ought to be targetting Debian, but we identified two
>     documents that should exist
>     + An Ubuntu document “Why Debian?” that presses the compelling case
>       for contributing packages upstream. We have [0], but I imagine
>       something more

I'll be happy to help with this part. I don't think I can volunteer time
to write it from scratch myself, but I'll be happy to provide some
arguments. I've been presenting some of them to the Ubuntu community in
the past 1.5 years, I'll be happy to help distilling them down in some
way.

Cheers.