[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Meeting minutes for 2011-10-23 UTC (Inaugural meeting)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:22:04 +1100
Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> Hi all.

> Items that came out of the meeting which didn't get an #action (sorry)

>  - try and organise someone to work on redoing debians branding
>    infrastructure. This could probably be a good thing to discuss on
>    this list on its own.

This discussion is currently happening in another subthread
'Derivatives branding (WAS: blahblah)'.

>  - organise next meeting. I'll do this, aiming for early December,
> poll will open mid november.

Still hoping to do this, if the group stays active. if not i might just
leave the next meeting until mid january. (Heading to LCA? We could
meetup there :))

> Items to help running the meetings in future. I feel some of these
> were also issues with the games team meetings, so it might be worth
> adjusting the template and our meeting pages.

I've made some changes to the games team 'how to run a meeting' page,
since thats what we reference too.

>  - do an announcement one or two days before
>  - announce on irc 30 min before
>  - keep intros to 10 min
>  - two major discussion topics per meeting, have a 3rd handy if you
>    run short with the others (instead of having 5 and never getting
>    through them)

These four added to http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Meetings

> Things our meeting needed to handle better:
>  - getting publicity (pabs did offer, but it was our toe in the water.
>    Next time we'll aim for the sky :))
>  - use bot power that we left out this time (eg #agreed, #idea,
> #action)

The first of these is on the wiki page linked to, so if we use it
correctly it'll be done :)
bot power is a matter of being collected and keen :)

> I've brought this agenda item over for next time, since we skipped it
> this time around:
>  - Delta between Debian and an arbitrary Derivative

Now on the 'Next' page, where I've started putting what will become the
next meetings page.


> I'm sure there is places on the wiki for most of this, but i'll deal

Lots of wiki edits made :)

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)
No, I won't join your social networking group

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: