Re: Meeting minutes for 2011-10-23 UTC (Inaugural meeting)

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:22:04AM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> Hi all.
> Quoth the meeting bot:
> Meeting ended Sun Oct 23 13:08:41 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
> Minutes:        http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-derivatives/2011/debian-derivatives.2011-10-23-12.00.html
> Minutes (text): http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-derivatives/2011/debian-derivatives.2011-10-23-12.00.txt
> Log:            http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-derivatives/2011/debian-derivatives.2011-10-23-12.00.log.html
>
> I've also taken the liberty of updating the meeting page:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Meetings/2011-10-23

Thanks a lot for organizing the meeting and for this minutes. (I'm
ashamed of admitting that I've misread the meeting timing; baffled by
the 12 am/pm issue I thought it was 12 hours later... Sorry about that.)

> Items that came out of the meeting which didn't get an #action (sorry)
>  - contact mehdi about ubuntudiff

Nice to see that items on this list have actually already happened :)

>  - try and organise someone to work on redoing debians branding
>    infrastructure. This could probably be a good thing to discuss on
>    this list on its own.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, the way I read this is:
standardize a way on which derivatives could advertise the fact they are
based on Debian. That could be beneficial for them, in case their public
is aware of what Debian is and can appreciate that heritage as a good
sign; but it will obviously be beneficial for us as well, as it'll give
more credit to the widespread reach of the work which is done in Debian
in the first place.  Is that what you had in mind?

I'd welcome work in that direction and I'll be happy to help (although I
can't offer to take the lead).

IIRC something similar has been proposed a long time ago by Anthony
Towns when he was DPL, but never really completed. I'm not aware of any
existing draft work in this direction either. It'd be wonderful to
resurrect that initiative.

Cheers.