Re: relationship with Ubuntu - call for feedback (not only ARB)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:53:24 +0200
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 09:54:44AM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > On the topic of DEX, I'd like to put out a :) for ubuntu for
> > actually taking part and having a successful DEX project completed.
> > Also a small :( because the followups seem to have stalled.
>
> Unfortunately true. The problem there is that we have had hard time
> finding targets --- i.e. specific patch sets that need merge --- for
> DEX activities. I've been repeatedly calling for suggestions on that
> front both on this list and during my DebConf11 talk, with little
> success. Suggestions can of course come from both camps, but it seems
> to be easier to pinpoint at specific non-merged patch than finding
> groups of them that constitute a good target in need of substantial
> work.

Finding good targets is hard. It would be good to find out if there is
specific addressable reasons why the follow ups have stalled or not
(anyone involved with them reading?).

> Similarly, it's sad that we didn't manage to start DEX sub-projects
> for other derivatives, it seems hard to believe that there are no
> patch sets elsewhere than in Ubuntu that deserve merge.

pabs is revealing lots of diffs, we'll have to see if it results in
more dex projects.

thanks,
kk

--