Re: relationship with Ubuntu - call for feedback (not only ARB)

Greetings,

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:10:53AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> […]
> But back to the main point: please also comment on other, non
> ARB-related, aspects of the Debian-Ubuntu relationships :-)

OK :-)

 + Mixed teams continue to be an excellent way to do development in both
   distributions. Moreso when people have direct upload access to both
   and can therefore cause delta to be reduced themselves. (Message:
   Encourage Ubuntu Developers to get upload privileges in Debian and
   vice-versa)
 + Some success in pushing people from MOTU to Debian when they arrive
   with new packages. I still have the feeling that getting people
   integrated with a team's workflows is inevitably difficult though —
   encourage teams to write FAQs for newbies.

 - Frantic pace of development means that patches are often not
   forwarded or that waiting the extra day or two for a Debian sponsor
   is not considered possible.
 - Limited success in getting people to do QA uploads (script which
   monitors derivative uploads to orphaned packages and hassles people
   to submit upstream?)

 o Encourage people to keep track of patches they submit upstream and
   seek NMUs if warranted.

Regards,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]