Re: relationship with Ubuntu - call for feedback

Hi Paul (2011.10.22_07:41:45_+0200)
> I would like to see MOTU doing QA uploads in Debian when the packages
> they are altering are orphaned in Debian.

I (and presumably other Ubuntu people, too) try to encourage people to
take over maintenance of packages in Debian when I see them trying to
maintain/update a package in Ubuntu which is orphaned in Debian.
I don't recall ever succeeding with that, but I've certainly seen people
become co-maintainers, when the package isn't orphaned, just needing
more help.

Of course, this requires one to notice that the package is orphaned...
Normally, getting the new Ubuntu contributors to forward patches to
Debian is a big enough job, itself.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera