Re: Joining the development team

On Jun 6, 2011, at 18:25, Jason Hsu wrote:

Hi Jason,

> I want to join the Debian development team.

Nice. :-)

>  I've gone to http://www.debian.org/devel/join/ , but I'm not sure where to begin.

It helps to bring your own interests and goals. Debian is a "do-acracy" where those who do stuff (write patches, maintain code, debug, document, etc.) get to decide.

>  I do understand that this mailing list is for people from Debian derivatives who want to make upstream contributions.

Debian-derivatives is for discussing distros that derive from Debian, as I understand it.

> The two things I would like to work on are:
> 1.  Lightweight programs for burning CDs and DVDs: The KDE and GNOME distros come with CD/DVD burning programs that INCLUDE verification.  Most lightweight distros do not.  I use antiX/Swift Linux, and I dual-boot with Puppy Linux for its PBurn and iso2cd programs that provide verification WITHOUT bloat.  I want to provide PBurn and iso2cd for my Swift Linux users, and I think that users of other Debian-based distros would also appreciate lightweight CD/DVD burning programs that offer verification without bloat.

Have you packaged these programs for Debian? Are they already in Debian?

Regards,

Jeremiah