Re: derivatives front desk status check

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:23:24 +0200
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,

> So far we have:
>
> census: only myself active on it currently, needs more interested
> folks.

Is this maintaining the pages?

> dex: seems to be working nicely, some code being written to make
> future efforts better co-ordinated. The Ubuntu huge-patches effort
> seems a bit stalled recently.

Ubuntu is coming up to a release; perhaps this will pick up after that
happens.

> face-to-face discussion: we had some good events at DebConf11, video:
>
> http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/716.en.html
> http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/761.en.html

I've not downloaded these yet, but i will try and watch them soon.

> We are missing:
>
> IRC meetings: any volunteers for organising them? I would suggest
> similar procedures to those we developed for the Debian games team:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Meetings

I'm willing to organise a meeting to kick it off, method of running it
would be very close (read identical) to how we did games :)

> Syncing wiki.d.o/Derivatives/Census and
> www.d.o/misc/children-distros: I failed to talk with the website team
> about this during DebConf11, it would be great if someone could start
> a conversation about this though.

What would be required? 'please add these distros from the wiki to
www.d.o', or writing markup for them to commit? (or you don't know,
someone should look into it?).

thanks,
kk