Re: Debian derivatives census: missing SHA-1 hashes

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 23:48:09 +0200
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If you are receiving this mail that means you are participating in the
> Debian derivatives census[1] and that your entry has an issue.

Thanks for continuing this QA work :)

> Please ensure that:
>
>      1. Your APT repositories have SHA-1 hashes for every source and
>         binary package so we can compare with old Debian packages.
>      2. If you are using SHA-1 hashes in your APT repositories, please
>         ensure that there is such a hash for every single file,
>         especially for all the source package files.
>      3. SHA-256 hashes are not and will not be used by the census, but
>         Debian strongly encourages the use of hashes stronger than
>         SHA-1.

[...]

> (http://bugs.debian.org/637563).

Does this mean any derivative with a package from debian currently older
then 2008 has no sha-1? If so, should derivatives be rebuilding the
packages to ensure a sha1 is present?
thanks,
kk

--