Re: Planet Debian Derivatives / Planet Ubuntu

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM, intrigeri wrote:

> Once upon a day, I happily subscribed to the Planet Debian Derivatives
> RSS feed as as it was brought up (thanks Pabs!). However, I quickly
> unsubscribed since it was much too high traffic for me... mainly
> because the tons of posts aggregated on Planet Ubuntu are part of
> Planet Debian Derivatives.

I was subscribed to Planet Ubuntu before Planet Debian derivatives
existed and I am now subscribed to both. My RSS reader is a bit buggy
but usually it de-duplicates feeds.

I find the Planet Ubuntu posts to be quite interesting and reading it
was one of the reasons I wanted to start Planet Debian derivatives.

I definitely understand that Planet Ubuntu is high traffic and as such
is quite an overwhelming volume of posts.

I wonder if anyone objecting to the high traffic has tried some RSS
client with filtering? Probably the best way to filter is on the topic
"Ubuntu developers: " which comes from the configuration on planet.d.o
not anything from Planet Ubuntu. I'm not sure which clients support
that though.

That said, if there is consensus to disable it, that would be fine by
me. I would however suggest this could be problematic if say Planet
Ubuntu declined in volume and some other distro got annoying. We don't
currently have any policy other than common sense baseline stuff like
must be a derivative in the census, must not be a spam site.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise