Re: Planet Debian Derivatives / Planet Ubuntu

Hi there,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:29:00PM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>
> > Once upon a day, I happily subscribed to the Planet Debian Derivatives
> > RSS feed as as it was brought up (thanks Pabs!). However, I quickly
> > unsubscribed since it was much too high traffic for me... mainly
> > because the tons of posts aggregated on Planet Ubuntu are part of
> > Planet Debian Derivatives.
>
> I was subscribed to Planet Ubuntu before Planet Debian derivatives
> existed and I am now subscribed to both. My RSS reader is a bit buggy
> but usually it de-duplicates feeds.
>
> I find the Planet Ubuntu posts to be quite interesting and reading it
> was one of the reasons I wanted to start Planet Debian derivatives.
>
> I definitely understand that Planet Ubuntu is high traffic and as such
> is quite an overwhelming volume of posts.

There's some planet (I don't remember which) which has a normal feed and
a feed with rms removed, to satisfy two crowds since he is rather
prolific. Something like that could work.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]