Re: Better notifications for sync requests

On Jul 25, 2011, at 07:10 PM, Stefano Rivera wrote:

>Hi Barry (2011.07.25_18:41:28_+0200)
>> The problem comes in that afaict, this doesn't mean that the source package is
>> actually available in the Debian archive yet, and I (think I) cannot do a
>> syncrequest in Ubuntu until it is.
>
>You can, as soon as it's reported by rmadison, but you have to drive the
>sync request manually (-C) if the changelog isn't available yet. There's
>a bug filed about making that easier (LP: #693077).

Hi Stefano.  Yep, "reported by rmadison" was the manual polling action I
mentioned; this is exactly what I start doing (manually) when I get the
original notification.

>Debian only does dinstalls 4 times a day [0], unlike Ubuntu which
>publishes every 20 minutes (IIRC). After upload acceptance (which is
>when the bug closing is done), the packages are available at [1].
>
>[0]: http://ftp-master.debian.org/
>[1]: http://incoming.debian.org/

Cool, looks like I only have to wait another 30m to get my next batch of
packages sync'd :).

>We could make requestsync look at incoming when you provide a version
>which isn't reported by rmadison yet.
>
>> Is there anything DEX can do to help?
>
>This sounds like something to be fixed in ubuntu-dev-tools.

Interesting idea.  Thanks for the bug reference.  I'm subscribed now and will
think about your suggestions.

-Barry