Possible topics for the Lintian BoF at DC11

I am planning to do this event a bit like the DC10 one, which was
basically pitching or debating ideas.  To kick start the event, I have
written a short list (see below) of possible ideas/topics we can debate;
feel free to add more ideas or bring them up on the day.

I have taken the liberty of BCC'ing debian-qa and debian-derivatives on
this email, since some of the recent topics have been debated on these
lists.  Please be sure to follow up to the Lintian list.

Possible topics (incl. some from last years BoF[1]):
 * Lintian "extras" (team/vendor specific checks)
   - No official progress
   - Vendor profiles can be abused for "adding" extensions
     (not "officially" endorsed though)
 * Tag (description) translations
 * Supporting "Lintian.d.o"-like setups for derivatives/third-parties[2]
   - Currently rather inbred code ("it's more awkward than it should
 * Lintian Static Analysis Framework[3]
   - Expose parts of Lintian as API/Framework for others
     (e.g. liblintian-perl)
   - Mirror sync support
 * Multiple-version/architecture support (#632115 and [4])
   - Handling processing of pkg $ver1 and $ver2 at the same time
   - Opens the door for limited doing "upgrade" checks.
     - Not a replacement piuparts
     - Maybe as a separate tool using "liblintian-perl"?
 * Maintenance/Attracting more (diverse) developers
   - Out-source check maintenance to relevant parties
     - (e.g.) Python related checks have been outdated for a while.
   - A lot of check/tags use a simple diagnosis
     - File X in dir Y requires/implies strong dependency on Z
       (checks/files should have a number of examples)
     - Write a simple Domain Specific Language for common cases?
 * Your idea/proposal here

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-lint-maint/2010/08/msg00012.html

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-lint-maint/2011/07/msg00039.html

[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-lint-maint/2011/07/msg00044.html