Re: lintian and Debian derivatives

On 2011-07-07 09:10, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Geoffrey Thomas wrote:
>
>> [...]

Hi,

>> In terms of making Lintian useful for derivatives, I think the biggest
>> feature we'd like is having a way to suppress Lintian checks during the
>> build process for an entire origin of packages (defined somehow...).
>
> Probably this will be useful to you:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Lintian/Spec/VendorCustomization
>
> The work on this is in progress, so I would suggest you check it out
> as soon as possible.
>
> If you have any suggestions on how it works, now is the time to make them.

The implementation has been merged into the master branch already, but
we have not released yet so we can still take suggestions without
breaking any "official stable" API. :)

Anyhow, basically Lintian will do the right thing if the debathena has /
provides two things: A dpkg origin file and a Lintian vendor profile.
  In the absence of a dpkg-origin file, you can use LINTIAN_PROFILE in
the config file (which works as long as the user does not have their own
and forget to copy that part).

The wiki page /should/ be up to date, but if there are disagreements
between the Lintian User manual (doc/lintian.xml in the source) and the
wiki page, let me know so I can fix it.

~Niels