lintian and Debian derivatives

Hi all,

As a member of the Debian derivatives front desk (CCed) and initiator of
the derivatives census, which aims to make derivatives more visible to
Debian, I figured I should update lintian folks on the state of lintian
development and usage in Debian derivatives.

http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk
http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

A while ago it was mentioned that Maemo had some customisations to make
lintian more useful for derivatives. I just realised that the recent
vendor stuff might obsolete that, but it might be useful to talk to the
maemo/maemian folks to see if that is the case or what is the status of
their projects and any interesting checks we could add. Maemo still
exists, version 6 (also known as MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) will be released
on the Nokia N9 phone later this year and a beta has shipped on the
Nokia N950 developer devices.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2011/04/msg00024.html

In addition, there is one derivative that I know of that has current and
public lintian web pages, but I guess that one is well known by lintian
maintainers since I guess it is run by Russ. It is a shame that lintian
pages aren't more widespread within our derivatives. I guess some use it
on the packages during their build process but I wonder how we could
encourage them to use it more, anyone have any thoughts?

http://lintian.debathena.org/

When Lars Wirzenius was an Ubuntu dev he also ran lintian against their
archives but it seems that they discontinued that and if it is run, they
only run it on dev machines. It might be interesting if automated runs
of it were integrated into launchpad, do the lintian maintainers think
it is flexible enough to make it easy for the launchpad devs to make
that happen? Should we try to find the responsible folks and ask them to
talk to the lintian maintainers about it?

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise