Re: Debian access to bugs in Launchpad?

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:44:05PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > To me, this implies that there is a class of DDs who are interested enough
> > in Ubuntu to comment on bugs, but not interested enough to register for an
> > account.
> >
> > What do you think, and why?  If you're a member of this class, I'd like to
> > hear from you, and understand your views.
>
> It's worth nothing that DD can receive Launchpad bugs by email via the PTS
> and the natural way for them to help is to reply to that email.

(which does work fine if you have an account)

> So it would be nice if this worked without having to resort to
> activate/create an account. Also changing status info by email also
> has stronger requirements that are not met by just activating the
> account, IIRC you have to register a GPG key and sign your mails.

That's correct.  In launchpad, as in other non-debbugs trackers [;-)], only
authenticated users can change the status of a bug.  In Launchpad's case,
that's usually done through a web browser, but it can be done by
(authenticated) email as well.

> I have created such an account but was surprised to discover that
> while I could close bugs with "fix released" I could not close them with
> "wontfix" and that for this I had to be part of ~ubuntubug-control.

I think it would be reasonable to consider if DDs could automatically be
members of ~ubuntu-bugcontrol, e.g. via
membership in https://launchpad.net/~debiandevelopers.

--
 - mdz