Re: DEX update

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 08:01:23PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:07:11PM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > = Ubuntu: big-merges =
> >
> > [...]
>
> I've seen from another mail that Nathan is going forward on this and I
> think diff size is a nice heuristic to start with. Maybe one could add a
> pass of filtering to remove "usual suspects" such as changes in
> generated "./configure" or the like, to avoid potential false positives.

Nathan is going to make a first pass with whatever criteria are easy to
automate, and then we can make further passes over the list (manual
and/or automated) to weed out the false positives etc.

> > = Ubuntu: python2.7 transition =
> >
> > [...]
>
> ACK. I've discussed a bit with Allison this possibility (with a brief
> exchange on this list first and then on IRC) and she is going to
> coordinate this with -python. I'm happy that Piotr has given his
> availability as a sponsor (as usual). Who knows, maybe we'll even have
> some DM/NM applications from the Ubuntu camp out of this (hint hint :)),
> to reduce the likelihood of creation further Python-related deltas in
> the future.

I spoke with Allison earlier today, and she says she will be working on this
soon.

> > = Infrastructure =
> >
> > In particular, pushing to the git repository no longer updates the website,
> > because ikiwiki is not installed.  This is noted as an "open question" in
> > the Alioth migration status document at http://titanpad.com/yyhfwA9Pyr.
> >
> > If someone knows how to work around this, it would be greatly appreciated,
> > as we can't update the website until it is fixed, and there is no ETR.
>
> Have anyone asked directly the Alioth admins if there is an ETA for this
> fix and/or a way we can help? I can think to some workaround, but it'd
> be pointless if the fix is expected RSN.

I haven't asked directly, no.  I joined #alioth with the intention of
asking, but the topic directed me to the titanpad document which listed it
as an "open question".  So, I didn't bother asking again what I knew was an
unanswered question. :-)

--
 - mdz