Re: Joining the development team

[CCing you since I assume you aren't subscribed]

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com> wrote:

> I want to join the Debian development team.  I've gone to http://www.debian.org/devel/join/ , but I'm not sure where to begin.
> The two things I would like to work on are:

That is a general overview of how to help Debian, I gave you specific
ways you could get involved and work on the two things you wanted to
in the other mail:

> I do understand that this mailing list is for people from Debian derivatives who want to make upstream contributions.

Indeed. Some ideas for ways to help out are here:

In particular, I note that MEPIS is not represented in the derivatives census:

Could you talk to them about joining the census?

> P.S.  I am seeking developers for antiX-based Swift Linux.

Hmm, let me see if I get this right, the derivation chain is like this?

Debian stable -> MEPIS -> antiX -> Swift Linux
Debian testing ------------^