Re: How do I join the development team?

[CCing you since I assume you are not subscribed]

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Jason Hsu wrote:

> I would like to join the Debian development team.  How do I get started?

In general:

http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

> 1.  ... I want to provide PBurn and iso2cd ...

Neither of these is available in Debian, so please file two "Intent To
Package" (ITP) bugs, create the packages and get them uploaded to
Debian via a sponsor. More information about that in the links below:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq

> 2.  A trash program: GNOME and KDE come with trash/recycle bins but ROX pinboard does not.  I've had difficulty getting libtrash to work properly.  Again, a trash/recycle bin is a feature that the heavyweight distros have that I think can be implemented in a lightweight package.  Again, this is something that users of all Debian-based distros would be interested in.

If there exists software to do this, please file ITP bugs for the
relevant software, create the packages and get them uploaded to Debian
via a sponsor.

If the software doesn't exist yet, you will need to create it or find
someone to create it for you before performing the above steps.

> P.S.  I am seeking developers for antiX-based Swift Linux.  Think of antiX as the Ubuntu of the lower part of the Linux market.  Swift Linux is analogous to Linux Mint.  My target markets are Windows XP users and the Ubuntu/Mint users scraping by on only 512 MB of RAM.

Since you are producing a Debian derivative you might be interested in
the activities of the Debian derivatives group:

http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk
http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk/FAQ
http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census
http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines