Re: DEX update

[Barry Warsaw, 2011-06-03]
> On Jun 02, 2011, at 02:04 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> >.oO(Fortunately most Python transition problems are usually not detected
> >    by Ubuntu guys so they're fixed in Ubuntu after automatic sync)
>
> I *think* I've at least submitted bugs to Debian for all the packages I fixed
> when Ubuntu switched to Python 2.7 as default in 11.04.  Of course, I might
> have missed some.  Also, more upstream packages are improving their Python 2.7
> support, so sync'ing to new upstream releases will also fix many packages.

didn't Jakub alone file dozens of bugs *after* Ubuntu released with 2.7?
It's still not that bad compared to previous transitions, though (at
least I didn't see¹ "-I /usr/include/python2.6/" hardcoded for all Python
versions this time) but 10 minutes ago I recommended to yet another
co-worker to switch to python2.6 (which fixed the problem, BTW) or to
Debian when he came to me with random segfaults after upgrading his
workstation.

[¹] I still point ScottK to funny "fixes" when I find them,
    poor guy even tried to convince others to let Debian do the
    transition during last UDS (I guess he's tired of my whining about
    it all the time ;)