Re: DEX update

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> The mission is to identify the top N packages in terms of the
> size/complexity/agony of the delta between Debian and Ubuntu, and do
> whatever is needed to bring the packages into sync.

How big are we talking? For example Ubuntu linux-2.6 is not even
derived from Debian linux-2.6. IIRC patches.ubuntu.com blacklists it
and a bunch of other patches because of this.

> If someone knows how to work around this, it would be greatly appreciated,
> as we can't update the website until it is fixed, and there is no ETR.

Installing ikiwiki locally is an interim option, which I've done for
the pkg-fonts review.

> Meanwhile, Nathan Handler submitted a proposal to the Google Summer of Code
> to work on infrastructure for DEX, and it was accepted!  He has posted a
> couple of updates so far to explain what he's working on:

Excellent :)

> If you're attending DebConf, please plan to join the BoF.  I unfortunately
> won't be able to attend myself due to scheduling conflicts, but Stefano and
> others will be there who I'm confident can make good use of the opportunity
> to work together in person.

I'll be there.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise