Re: DEX update and next steps

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:40:59PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:32:28 +0100
>> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
>> > The collection of patches we swept in ancient-patches is a relic from
>> > a time when both Debian and Ubuntu had less infrastructure for patch
>> > tracking.  The correct thing to do now in Ubuntu is to use the
>> > "submittodebian" script which does all the right things automatically.
>> >
>> > In other words, we shouldn't have to deal with random patch files
>> > lying around anymore. :-)
>>
>> Are there many of these sort of scripts? If they could be adapted by
>> other derivatives it could help their forwarding of issues too.
>> thanks,
>
> There's a discussion about merging these tools into Debian in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/03/msg00394.html
>
> Though it seems there are some obstacles. :-/

Just in case people didn't already know, the tools are actually
already in Debian. They're in the ubuntu-dev-tools package:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/ubuntu-dev-tools.html

The discussion was about merging things that aren't Ubuntu specific
into devscripts or other more appropriate packages.

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio