Re: DEX update and next steps

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:37:26 +0000
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> = Ubuntu Ancient Patches Project =
>
> Summary of current status:
> http://dex.alioth.debian.org/ubuntu/ancient-patches/status/
>
> The vast majority of these have been reviewed and confirmed to have
> been merged or otherwise fixed in Debian.  Thanks to David Paleino,
> Colin Watson, Nathan Handler and Steve Langasek for their
> contributions.

Congrats to those involved, thats an incredible start to the project.

> = Next Steps =
>
> I'd like to start compiling ideas for the next Ubuntu DEX project,
> once the above tasks have been completed.  Here are some ideas:

> - Patch sweep: Generate a list of outstanding Ubuntu patches in the
> Debian BTS (we have usertags for this) and help to get them all
> merged: work with the maintainers, rework patches as needed, make
> NMUs where the package is orphaned etc.

Is the 'we' here DDs working on ubuntu, or members of DEX (or both,
which i suspect is what you mean?).

> - New packages: Continue the Utnubu effort to identify packages which
> are new in Ubuntu and not in Debian yet, and try to get them into
> Debian (file WNPP bugs? upload orphaned packages? find maintainers?
> sponsor the Ubuntu maintainer?)

If this can help increase the number of sponsors (even if its just
for dex related packages) this would be a good thing.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)