Re: DEX update and next steps

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:37:26 +0000, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> [..]
> = Next Steps =
>
> I'd like to start compiling ideas for the next Ubuntu DEX project, once the
> above tasks have been completed.  Here are some ideas:
>
> [..]

As anticipated on IRC, I'm working on a more modular layout for DEX
repositories. This means that members of the Ubuntu DEX Team (or any other
future team) would only need to clone one repository, instead of everybody
working on the same repository.
This will introduce different advantages: the first coming to mind is
fine-grained permissions: members of one team can't (if not "authorized") work
on things of another team. An additional advantage is that each team will have
its "git log", not mixed with other activities. It's still work-in-progress
though :)

This work would ideally also include a sort of pre-made layout for new teams,
i.e. new derivatives who want to join us.

I need to give priority to some real-life things right now, but I'll be back on
DEX (and merging Utnubu, and other project FWIW) next week :)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino