Re: DEX update and next steps

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Martin Schulze is both Debian maintainer and upstream maintainer. I
> > suggest to mail him directly (without going through the BTS) to get
> > a proper answer.
>
> Do you have an opinion on whether this is worth pursuing when sysklogd is
> not used so much anymore?

I would not invest huge amount of time into it, but it's worth trying in
particular if the patch still applies without much effort. It's just a
matter of discussing and proposing an NMU .

> > All of them are a good idea. I would like to add one more:
> >
> > - Kickstart pkg-ayatana. Concrete goal: have unity in Debian.
> >   Related tasks:
> >   - write some documentation on how to best maintain packages (with bzr)
> >     where Ubuntu is the upstream.
> >   - find some maintainers to staff the pkg-ayatana team
> >   - introduce all the needed packages under the pkg-ayatana umbrella
>
> Thanks, I've added this to the web page as a future project.

I forgot to add that pkg-ayatana already exists and has 2-3 maintainers:
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-ayatana

But it's not enough.

Cheers,
--