Re: RFPs and Upstreaming

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 01:23:27 -0600
Micah Gersten <micahg@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> There was some discussion at UDS-M in Brussels that RFPs are prone to
> bit rot in Debian.  I wanted to clarify whether or not the Ubuntu bug
> squad (and other derivatives as well) should bother creating RFPs for
> needs packaging bugs.

(not speaking for the Debian project.)

I guess the issue is people being willing to maintain them in Debian.
The problem bootstrapping yourself there is finding a sponsor - from
watching -mentors, they are thin on the ground.
If no one wants to maintain them, then obviously they don't get
packaged.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)