Re: Debian derivatives front desk: where to from here?

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:03:37 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 01:55:16 +0800 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> >> Annual face-to-face meeting at DebConf, perhaps similar to what we
> >> had at DebConf10, hopefully with a more diverse set of derivatives
> >> represented ;)
> >
> > Getting to debconf is generally non-trivial, so i expect you'll have
> > trouble getting people along. That said, I'd love to make it
> > along :)
>
> With live streaming, IRC and gobby we can include remote folks.

True, there are ways.

> > eg, in the dwn?
>
> Yeah, DPN. Also LWN and maybe slashdot.
>
> > I've put in a very basic gNewSense page.
>
> For the bugs link, there doesn't appear to be any automatic way to map
> between the bug and the source package. Is that something that could
> be added?

Possibly, I would like to get to that stage, but it may take a while
(it may mean we have to host our own stuff instead of using savannah).

> Made some tweaks: s/us.// s/Squeeze/squeeze/ s/Lenny/lenny/

Thanks.

> Please add more links based on the template as they become available

Will do.

> >> Any more thoughts, ideas or folks who could volunteer to help
> >> implement the above?
> >
> > I'd be interested in seeing if/how derivatives can collaborate on
> > their infrastructure. There must be lots of things that we share
> > that we could stop duplicating. (this has been partly discussed on
> > this list in the past).
>
> Could you outline what you had in mind (in a separate thread maybe)?

I expressed some thoughts about packages in [1] (I've not read back
while writing this email to check weather any of them are worth
considering). I'm also very interested in sharing tools used by
derivatives to automate and ease the process.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2010/08/msg00006.html
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)