Re: Introductions

On Jun 23, 2010, at 15:11, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm not sure who's on this list, as it's just getting started, so maybe
> folks could introduce themselves?

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremiah C. Foster. I am an American who lives in Sweden and I've been using Debian for at least a decade now. I contribute to the debian-perl team, I think my first real commits to the debian-perl SVN package repository go back to 2007. I also currently help out with the Debian Publicity team and will be going to DebConf10, my first DebConf.

I have recently finished my stint as Maemo's "debmaster", a position I held for about a year and a half. Maemo is a Debian derived distribution from Nokia designed to run on the ARM v7 platform. Nokia mixes in some proprietary binary blobs with the OS but the OS overall is largely open source, roughly 80%. My work for Maemo was to help developers package their software, work on the repositories, and document packaging process and policy for Maemo. I even started work on a Lintian clone (called Maemian) but that work ceased when Nokia decided to abandon Maemo and Merge with Moblin to form MeeGo.

I currently work for the GENIVI consortium and hope to build bridges from inside the consortium to outside into the Free Software ecosystem. My interest in this list is to see how derivatives can take advantage of existing Debian code, QA process, and ways of working.

Warm regards,

Jeremiah