Re: Introductions

On 23.06.2010 15:11, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I'm not sure who's on this list, as it's just getting started, so maybe
> folks could introduce themselves?

I'm Daniel Holbach, started using Debian ages ago, but only actively
started participating in the open source world since Ubuntu's
no-name-yet days.

What excited me most back then and what still powers me today is the
idea that fixing a bug fixes it not only for me, but for millions of
people. Also did I meet some of the greatest people since then, who are
just awesome and always were encouraging me.

I work for Canonical for almost 5 years now, first working with the
Desktop, but as my primary interest always was the developer community,
I'm on the Ubuntu Community team now, trying to make developing Ubuntu
even more fun.

As part of that I (together with a lot of other brilliant people)
improved the documentation we have, worked on a few packaging videos,
set up training sessions, had a look at how we deal with patches and how
we review them, work with our local communities, worked with our QA
community, etc.

I guess my most important work for Ubuntu was making hugging an industry
standard.

I'm very happy this list was set up and I'm sure we can great ways to
work together even closer.

Have a great day,
 Daniel