Re: LMDE

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:40:05 +0930
Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
> > I might also ask Ikey Doherty, one of our developers, who coded big
> > parts of the live-installer and identified the steps involved in
> > transforming Debian Testing into a live media, to join in and to be
> > present on this ML.
>
> I'm wondering if your live-installer is based on debian-installer,
> ubiquity, or written from scratch?
> kk
We opted for a from-scratch approach after realising that porting Ubiquity
was nigh-on impossible. There are about 10 lines of code borrowed from Ubiquity
to ensure optimum file copying, but everything else is written from the ground
up. The installer uses the logical approach of remounting the filesystem.squashfs
and copying to the target filesystem, ensuring no live-medium changes are propagated
to the target installation.

--
Ikey Doherty <ikey@linuxmint.com>