Re: LMDE

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:03 +0100
Clement Lefebvre <debian@linuxmint.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Before we talk about anything else, I would like to thank you and the
> Debian project for providing such a wonderful base. It's been the
> case since 2006, when we started using Debian via Ubuntu, and it's
> now clearer than ever with our newly released LMDE based directly on
> Debian Testing.

<derivative hat :)>
Debian is a great distribution to derive off... only problem^W^Wa great
feature is so many options for the deriving tools!

> My name is Clement Lefebvre, I'm the leader and founder of Linux
> Mint. I'll answer any question you may have and I'll act as the main
> contact.

Glad to see another derivative here, the more of us there are, the
better the chance of sharing.

> I might also ask Ikey Doherty, one of our developers, who coded big
> parts of the live-installer and identified the steps involved in
> transforming Debian Testing into a live media, to join in and to be
> present on this ML.

I'm wondering if your live-installer is based on debian-installer,
ubiquity, or written from scratch?
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)