Re: Introductions

* Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> [Mit Jun 23, 2010 at 02:11:40 +0100]:

> I'm not sure who's on this list, as it's just getting started, so maybe
> folks could introduce themselves?

I'm using Debian for quite some time and am Debian Developer since
2009-05-28.

I'm known as the inventor of Grml [<http://grml.org/>], a Debian
based live system especially for system administrators. The first
official release of Grml was back in 2004. I decided to avoid
reinventing the wheel and instead base my work on the best existing
solution - Debian. :)

Since then work that has been done for Grml and could be
interesting/relevant for Debian was pushed towards Debian (of course
this applies to other upstream stuff as well). I'm a strong
proponent of pushing results to upstream and I think the Grml team
as a whole pretty well follows this guideline. Grml is listed as
Debian based distribution at <http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros>.

Besides the usual packaging work, within Debian I'm regular
contributor to e.g. FAI and live-initramfs (nowadays AKA live-boot),
member of the Debian-Forensics team and recently became
co-maintainer of initramfs-tools.

regards,
-mika-