derivatives distro census

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:39:17AM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> > [ Shameless plug for the other -derivatives participants: we should
> >  really re-evaluate all the distros listed there and possibly make some
> >  noise to do a proper indexing of Debian-based distributions ... ]
>
> I note that Maemo is not listed on that page. Shouldn't it be listed
> as a derived distro?
>
> Note that Maemo is essentially end of life, but there is a
> distribution, called Mer, which is much less dependent on Nokia
> proprietary code and so may live on after Maemo.

It surely should. As I said, it looks like that page is not really up to
date. We can proceed to update it as suggested in the page, but I don't
want to create too much burden on the -www people. I guess it would be
better for us (i.e. this list) to find out a mechanism to make a proper
census of derivatives, collect the results and then propose them as a
batch change to that page.

Rhonda: (since you're an active www team member and also on this list)
what do you think it would work best to update, and later on *keep* up
to date that page?

Cheers.