Re: debbugs (newbies) sprint

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 11:30:29PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Hi

Thanks to everyone who has replied already. I'm following up to one
specific mail, but I'm glad to see so many interest around this sprint:
thank you all! I hope we'll be able to find a time/place which fits the
needs and availabilities of all of you.

> > To proceed, however, we need to know who is interested and set up a
> > tentative date for the sprint. In turn, for that to happen we need an
> > organizer. It would hence be great if interested people could manifest
> > themselves following up on this list and if, among them, someone could
> > step up as organizer.
>
> Do you mean someone who starts a doodle once we know who is interested
> and either set a date and time for an IRC meeting or arranges an
> in-person meeting?

I mean various things actually. As I see it:

- we need first to decide whether it will be an in-person sprint with
  possibility of remote participation (which, in my experience,
  generally works better and more productive) or rather a over-the-net
  sprint only

- then we need to find a place (including deciding on which side of the
  ocean it should happen, if we'll go for an in-person meeting)

- then we need to find a time

- then we need to figure out a budget of how much it'll cost to sponsor
  people who cannot pay the trip themselves

In short: we need someone doing the organization :-), and I know I can
commit to it myself. I know a while ago you took care of organizing some
Extremadura meetings, so if you're volunteering for doing this I believe
you'd be a perfect person for doing that.  I can help in various ways:
of course budget approval is on me as DPL, but I can also offer a venue
in Paris, in case you need one, and I could help with advertising this
even more than what I've already done.

So, are you or anyone else up to the organization task? I'd *love* that!

Let me know and remember to Cc:-me upon replies.
Cheers.