Re: Switching from CVS to a more sane VCS

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:20:08PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > http://rzlab.ucr.edu/debian/debbugs_source_bzr.tar.gz
> > Is the output that I got from beating on it with tailor; it appears to
> > be complete with all of the history.
> > I'm still not quite sure how best to do a central repository and how
> > to distribute it, but I'll try to figure that out in a bit unless
> > someone beats me to it.
>
> Presumably you just put raw bzr stuff on a website somewhere. I'd suggest
> we use something like:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/mainline/
> and
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/debian/
>
> as our URLs.

This is now working; you can do the following:

bzr get http://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/mainline/

to pull a working copy of the bzr repository.

To commit, you'll currently need to bzr pull into
/org/bugs.debian.org/source/mainline or use bzr push with sftp.
[Hopefully permissions won't be a problem.]

If someone gets bored, setting up pqm would also be really cool, since
it would take care of the notifying debbugs-cvs bit of the problem.

Don Armstrong

--
The solution to a problem changes the problem.
 -- Peer's Law