Re: Switching from CVS to a more sane VCS

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 02:38:34PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > Colin Watson and I were talking briefly on IRC about changing from CVS
> > to something more sane.
> >
> > The two choices that he brought up were bzr and darcs; I personally
> > don't have a strong opinion either way, as I'd have to learn either
> > one more completely... but something more advanced than CVS is
> > definetly necessary.
>
> (Whatever we do, I think it's inexcusable not to preserve history -
> there are plenty of tools around nowadays to do a full lossless
> repository conversion rather than just importing HEAD.)

http://rzlab.ucr.edu/debian/debbugs_source_bzr.tar.gz

Is the output that I got from beating on it with tailor; it appears to
be complete with all of the history.

I'm still not quite sure how best to do a central repository and how
to distribute it, but I'll try to figure that out in a bit unless
someone beats me to it.

Don Armstrong

--
I don't care how poor and inefficient a little country is; they like
to run their own business.  I know men that would make my wife a