bugs.d.o/~mh - machine readable interface

Hi,
  When I was trying out a machine readable interface for debbugs, I
placed modified copies of common.pl, pkgreport.cgi, bugreport.cgi and
pkgindex.cgi in my public_html directory on bugs.d.o (they should still
be readable in my home dir). I was then developing my bugwatcher
application (debbuggtk package) to check what output format might work
best. This got to the stage where the machine readable version of
debbuggtk was far superior to the debbuggtk package in Debian.

Considering the responses to patches for rfc822 formatted output and my
eagerness to make bugwatcher as useful as possible, I then naughtily
uploaded my developmental version of debbuggtk, using output from my
modified scripts. (This was always designed only as a temporary measure
until a machine readable format could be agreed upon and implemented in
debbugs)

Following the reactivation of passwords, I uploaded the modified scripts
once again. Now though, they are failing with the error:

failed to open log file
fopen: Permission denied
[Tue..] [error] [client ..] Premature end of script headers: /debian/home/mh/public_html/machine-interface/machpkg.cgi

I'm not sure which file this is or where the error message is coming
from -- I cannot find the text of that error anywhere in the source of
debbugs (2.4.1 release). Could you possibly advise how to find this out?

My scripts (and indeed the debbug scripts, which they are modified
versions of) should only be trying to gain read access to files - is
there any reason why this has been changed?

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :