Re: ANNC: New Debbugs

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 07:23:48AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> *) Create packagename@ alias.
>    - When an email gets sent to packagename@bugs.debian.org a bug number
>      is create, just as when sent to submit@.
>      This way a new user would not have to learn to write pseudo headers.
>      The pseudo header can still be accepted but is not needed (i.e. optional)
>      to indicate which package to send to.
>    - submit@ can still be used but is not needed.

At the moment, we have an excellent protection against spam managing to
be filed as new bugs: spam never comes with an appropriate
pseudo-header. If we implemented your suggestion then any spam that
managed to get past the filters would be filed as new bugs; removing
those is very invasive compared to removing single messages to existing
bugs.

I think it's a feature that the pseudo-header is required.

Cheers,