Re: ANNC: New Debbugs

Hi

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:13:52AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 07:23:48AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > *) Create packagename@ alias.
> >    - When an email gets sent to packagename@bugs.debian.org a bug number
> >      is create, just as when sent to submit@.
> >      This way a new user would not have to learn to write pseudo headers.
> >      The pseudo header can still be accepted but is not needed (i.e. optional)
> >      to indicate which package to send to.
> >    - submit@ can still be used but is not needed.
>
> At the moment, we have an excellent protection against spam managing to
> be filed as new bugs: spam never comes with an appropriate
> pseudo-header. If we implemented your suggestion then any spam that
> managed to get past the filters would be filed as new bugs; removing
> those is very invasive compared to removing single messages to existing
> bugs.
>
> I think it's a feature that the pseudo-header is required.

You are most probably correct. But if it is posible to easily extend
the debbugs package it would be really nice. I can se the use of this
in other situations. If it is sufficiently easy (i.e. using a self
written module) I'm very interested to write this feature.

Well it should be pretty easy, just process it though a filter that adds the
pseudo header. :)

Regards,

// Ola

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

/  opal@debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |