Re: ANNC: New Debbugs

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:57:17AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>
> > subscribe bugnr email
> >
> > and
> >
> > unsubscribe bugnr email
>
> Already planned.  Some of pts will be no longer needed.

Nice!

> > *) Create packagename@ alias.
> >    - When an email gets sent to packagename@bugs.debian.org a bug number
> >      is create, just as when sent to submit@.
> >      This way a new user would not have to learn to write pseudo headers.
> >      The pseudo header can still be accepted but is not needed (i.e. optional)
> >      to indicate which package to send to.
> >    - submit@ can still be used but is not needed.
>
> Hmm.  Interested idea.  But perhaps those people should use reportbug or bug.

Yes maybe. But sometime (even I had problems using bug and reportbug
before I learnt the EMAIL env variable) such tools can be hard to use,
at least for a novice. I have not looked at them for half a year or
more but "back then" they was a bit hard.

> > *) When email is sent to the user and mainainer about a bugnr, the
>
> Just a matter of editting of templates.

Ok.

> >    - Users who send information about the bug should automatically be subscribed
> >      to the bug number.
>
> Er, no.

Ok, but at least the initial reporter must be automatically subscribed to the bug
in order to get all the information to the bts. If not, the reply-to header
will not be set properly.

> > >   * Make use of pgp/gpg sigs on mails, to enable various commands.  For
> > >     example, this could be used by the Release Manager to tweak certain
> > >     tags/status bits, but disallow these commands for others.
> > >   * Per email/maintainer/package flags.  This could be used to keep the
> > >     acks from being sent(#174503).
> >
> > That would be a nice thing. The subscription system above would give a
> > good infrastructure on this, right? The initial submitter gets an
> > acc (when sending to packagename@ and submit@). In the rest of the time
> > he/she will get the email back (with some extra text in top/bottom maybe).
>
> What you are discussing and what I am discussing are not related.

Ok, maybe I was misunderstanding you. :)

Regards,

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |