Re: Truely architecture-specific Packages files

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 05:02:04PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> If this hiding logic was not available, packages would be not
> installable until new builds arrive. In the example, foo:i386=1 would
> no longer be installable once foo-data=2 appears as apt only considers
> the higest version of the foo-data package.

I know of that trick, but with MultiArch it falls appart – or well it
recently fall apart as I made apt not ignore arch:all in not arch:native
Packages files as that has problems of various kinds (like if you don't
acquire that arch:native Packages file at all or if the source building
the package is architecture specific or …).

So that is on my list to look at.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies