Re: Canonicalising suites

On 13778 March 1977, joerg@debian.org wrote:

>>The latter is perfect, provided (a) you don't mind me parsing the
>>plain text (b) you don't mind me periodically (maybe once a day?)
>>querying for every package in NEW.
> I DO mind parsing plain text. Thats just sick.
> Ansgar already said on IRC, that adding json output isn't hard to do.

First off all, that sounds more harsh than it should, sorry.

Second, to your (b): You can do that in one query with the madison part
of the api. Just provide the list of packages space seperated. Like

https://api.ftp-master.debian.org/madison?package=mailfilter%20ceph%20libc6

will give you all stuff for all those three. For more possible options:

  b ->  only show info for binary TYPE
  c ->  only show info for COMPONENT(s)
  s ->  only show info for this suite
  S ->  show info for the binary children of source pkgs

> If that is there, are your needs currently all in the api?

Thats open.

--
bye, Joerg
<pasc> man